If your new Fitbit Versa has just been delivered to you, you might be finding it difficult to turn it on. But worry not. Here is how to turn on Fitbit Versa.
How Do You Turn On A Fitbit Versa?
To turn on a Fitbit Versa, the first step is to plug in the charging cable into your device. Then, hold down the button on the left side of the watch until you see either an image of two arrows moving towards each other or “Hello” written across your screen.
I regularly test a wide range of fitness gadgets and found a common issue with the Fitbit Versa was turning it on. Here is a detailed guide about the same and some troubleshooting tips I found.
How To Turn On Fitbit Versa?
To turn or power your Fitbit Versa on:
- The first step is to plug the charging cable into your device. After doing so, the Fitbit screen should display a battery icon with five vertical dots and the words “Charging.”
- Once the device has been plugged in for about ten seconds and has made contact with power, it will vibrate twice and show an animation of a Fitbit logo on its black-and-white LCD screen
- The next step is to press and hold down the button on the left side of the watch until you see either an image of two arrows moving towards each other or “Hello” written across your screen. If this doesn’t happen quickly enough, try pressing and holding down again.
- Once you’ve succeeded in turning on your Fitbit Versa, the device will prompt you to select your language for its user interface.
- You can also configure other settings, such as the time zone and metric preferences (such as whether you want to view steps in miles rather than kilometers or Fahrenheit or Celsius).
- The next step is to create a Fitbit account via their official website or app.
- This will enable you to track and monitor your health metrics daily and access your new device’s many features, including Bluetooth.
- After logging into your account, follow the setup instructions until completion.
- If needed, refer back to the manufacturer’s manual for additional guidance.
- Once everything has been set up correctly, you’ll be prompted to enter a passcode for the Fitbit Versa. This can be four or six digits and protects your data from unauthorized access.
- After setting up your device, you can now take advantage of all the features that it has to offer.
You will now be able to track steps taken, distance traveled, calories burned throughout the day, sleep quality, heart rate, and more! With so many features at your fingertips, your Fitbit Versa will become an invaluable companion for healthy living.
Why Won’t My Fitbit Versa Turn On?
If your Fitbit Versa doesn’t turn on, you should consider a few probable causes. The most common cause of the issue is that your battery may have run out and needs to be recharged.
If this is the case, plug in the charger and give it time before switching it back on again.
In rare cases, however, there could be a fundamental problem with the device itself. It’s possible that something has gone wrong after a software or firmware update, and the device will not respond correctly when powered up.
When this happens, you can try restarting your Fitbit Versa by pressing and holding down both the Left and Bottom Right buttons for 10 seconds until its screen turns off completely. If this doesn’t work, it may be best to contact Fitbit customer service to help resolve the issue.
It is also important to check that your charger and USB lead are in good working order. Make sure they are securely connected at each end, and check that the USB port you’re using is operating correctly – plugging something else into it could help you determine if there is an issue with the port itself or if the problem lies elsewhere.
However, all that said and done there is one consideration you should always make. It may simply be a case of an old battery draining faster than it should.
This is more common over time as our devices age and their batteries start to deteriorate. In this situation, replacing your battery with a new one should get your Fitbit Versa back up and running again in no time.
How Do I Restart A Dead Fitbit Versa?
Restarting a dead Fitbit Versa is relatively straightforward and can be done with just a few steps:
- First, make sure that the device is charged. Often, a dead device will simply need to be recharged to work again.
- Plug in the charger that came with your Fitbit Versa and let it charge until the screen turns on.
- Once it’s powered up, press and hold down the side button for at least 10 seconds until you see the Fitbit logo appear on the screen.
- This will restart your device, which should bring it back to life.
- After this, if you still have trouble getting your device to work correctly, you may also need to reset it entirely by going into your settings and clicking on the ‘Restart Device’ option.
It is crucial to note that resetting your device may result in erasing some of the data stored on it, so make sure you back up any critical information before doing this.
After your device has been restarted or reset, you should be able to use it again without issue. Just keep an eye out for any additional errors that might need further resolution, and always ensure that your Fitbit Versa is fully charged when not in use.
- To turn on a Fitbit Versa: Plug the charging cable into your device.
- Press and hold down the button on the left side of the watch.
- You will see two arrows moving or “Hello” written on your screen.
- The device then prompts you to select your language.
- You can also configure other settings at this point.
- You can change your time-zone and metric preferences.