Can I have 2 Garmin Watches on One Phone?
Already had a Garmin watch before you bought a newer model? You might want to keep them both. Here is ‘can I have 2 Garmin watches on one phone?’ answered.
You can have two Garmin watches on one phone. You can do that with the use of the Garmin Connect app. The app allows you to not only sync, but manage multiple devices at once as well. You can set up multiple user profiles in the app, so each can track its own data and activities.
As an expert fitness gadget reviewer, I have several pieces with me and have tried to connect them together on various occasions. Here is what I have found when trying to connect more than one Garmin watch on my phone.
Can I Have 2 Garmin Watches on One Phone?
You can have two Garmin watches on one phone. You can do that with the use of the Garmin Connect app. The app allows you to not only sync, but manage multiple devices at once.
You can set up multiple user profiles in the app, so each can track its own data and activities.
Here, I want to mention a point that is pretty vital. And that is that you should make sure that each of your watches has a unique name or profile so that you do not get confused with the information and data of the two.
Garmin reminds you of this step as well as it prompts you when you try to connect new devices and alerts you if there is already an existing profile with the same name. You can easily lose data if you do not follow this piece of advice from me (and Garmin).
After you have set up your devices, you can easily access all the data from both your watches through the Garmin Connect app.
You can view and analyze activity history from both as well in quite a number of ways, including tracking performance metrics, setting goals, and comparing one training session to another.
Another thing that I would like to mention here is that if you have a device that is accoutred with advanced features like built-in music storage or GPS mapping capabilities, you can use these features on both your watches too.
How Do I Add A Second Garmin Watch?
Follow these steps to have a second Garmin watch added to your phone, in no time:
- Go to your Garmin Connect app and log in to your account.
- Select Add Device from the menu which leads you through pairing your device and setting it up with Bluetooth.
- Follow the app’s guide (which is pretty helpful) past the setup process, which does not take long (a few minutes at max).
- Having paired the device, the app prompts you to set up your personal information like age, height, and weight for the purpose of it being able to accurately track things like calorie burn and activity levels. You can also customize settings for personalized notifications with regards to activities or goals you set.
After all of that is over, your device shall be ready for usage. You can now use the Garmin Connect app and sync it with your other devices, and get access to crucial fitness data on that device too such as a heart rate monitor or fitness tracker.
By syncing all of your devices together, you are able to track progress from multiple gadgets in one place.
How Do I Switch Between Garmin Watches?
Added a second Garmin watch on your phone and wondering how to switch between the two? It is as easy to do as the adding part (if not easier). Let me tell you how:
- Start with downloading the Garmin Connect mobile app (if you do not already have it) onto your iPhone or Android device. This allows you to sync your watch with the app and access features such as tracking activities and receiving notifications. Once you have this setup, you can begin switching between watches.
- Go to your Garmin Connect mobile app and tap on My Devices. Here you will see all of the watches that are connected to your account. Select the watch that you want to switch from and tap on Unpair Device at the bottom of the page. Tap on confirm when it asks if you are sure of this step. After you have, your watch shall now be unlinked from your phone and free for you to pair with another device.
- For switching between Garmin watches, tap on My Devices in the app and select ‘Add Device’. Tap on the name of the watch that you want to pair and follow the instructions on the screen.
Once you are done adding the device, it will appear in ‘My Devices’ with all of your other devices. You can now switch between them as per your requirement.
How Many Devices Garmin Connect?
Garmin has the propensity to connect with a drawn-out list of devices, like smartphones, tablets, computers, etc. As per your watch model, there may also be other compatible gadgets like heart rate monitors or power meters.
When we talk about simultaneous connections, some models (like mine) can connect with more than a single device at once while some models can only do so with a single device at a given point in time.
- It is possible to have two Garmin watches on one phone.
- This can be done through the use of the Garmin Connect app.
- To switch devices > My Devices > Unpair Device > Pair Device.
- Garmins can connect to phones, tablets, and computers.